Drop Frame Productions has built a reputation for quality multimedia production and outstanding customer service. We provide high-end video services for corporate clients, advertising agencies, and consumers alike. We have earned a name for ourselves in, not only meeting, but exceeding client expectations, and within budgetary considerations. Using the latest technology, we create multimedia products to address the entertainment and marketing communication needs of our clients.
Kurt Wenger – Owner, Shooter & Editor
Kurt Wenger, grew up in Sauk Prairie graduating in 1996. He earned a Radio/ TV/ Film major at the University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh in 2000. Immediately after college, Kurt was able to benefit from contacts he had made while working freelance on summer breaks, to land a full time position as a photographer and video editor in Baraboo. This experience running a video department gave him the experience to branch off as a contractor with his own equipment.
In 2001, Kurt started Drop Frame Productions. In the first 10 years he enjoyed working on two independent feature length films, a series of 35mm national television commercials, created Telly Award-winning web videos, shot aerial video from helicopter several times, and distributed thousands of DVD. Technologies have changed, but Kurt’s passion to creatively find new ways to tell visual stories has only grown. Most recent additions are 4K UHD and 360° camera technologies.
Kurt met his wife Jenny in 2009. They were married and bought a home together in Sauk Prairie in 2011. Their daughter Katelyn was born about two years later. In addition to spending time with the family, karate, golfing, and occasional USPSA league shoots.
Jeff Elsoffer – Creative Instigator, Freelance Writer & Producer
Jeff Elsoffer is a Communication graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Yellow Moon Media, his production company, specializes in scripting, project development, and media strategy.
Jeff provides collaborative services for Drop Frame Productions on projects that require research, scripting, project development, logistics, interviewing, content selection and editing.
“Restoring the Sauk Prairie: A Story of Hope & Healing” is an award-winning Drop Frame documentary that Jeff helped to create as a writer, producer, and director. Other joint projects include conservation videos for the Washington, D.C. based EPA ENERGY STAR initiatives, and various local videos.
Drop Frame Productions owner Kurt Wenger’s initially collaborated with Jeff on a locally produced TV cooking show, “Cooking the Casbah.” The show aired from 2005 to 2007 on Madison’s ABC and CBS affiliates, WKOW-TV and WISC-TV.
- 2019 Best of Fest & Fan Favorite – Conserve Sauk Film Fest – Documentary “Restoring the Sauk Prairie: A Story of Hope and Healing”
- 2016 Small Business of the Year – Sauk Prairie Area Chamber of Commerce
- 2014 Telly Award – WhiteWater West – “A Day at Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas”
- 2012 Telly Award – Maier Arbor Solutions “Save Your Lawn”
- 2009 Telly Award – Mike Droho “Come For Me”
- 2009 Communicator Award – Care Net “Heartbeats of Hope” – (editor)
- 2008 Ava Award – ATS Heavy Equip. Operators School – (editor)
- 2005 Telly Award – Jemrack Product Demo CD-Rom
- 2005 Davey Award – Eternal Awakenings – (editor)
- 2004 Telly Award – Drop Frame Demo 1.0
- 2003 Videographer Award – Green & Gold Reward Party
- 2001 Videographer Award – Sauk County Sheriff Dept